Learn Live Hope
Awesome MySpace Comments / Myspace Layouts

So I've been reading a book about trusting God (even when life hurts). There's nothing big going on in my life right now, but I've looked at my own character and realize there are some things that I want to change. In making those changes, it kinda boiled down to a few things and trusting God was one of them. I tend to depend on my own abilities and "fixing" things than stepping back and letting God do His work. There was a quote in the book that really cleared things up for me and I wanted to share it with you.

"... history is like a piece of fabric with very intricate and complex patterns. During the limited span of our lifetime we see only a tiny fraction of the pattern. Furthermore, we see the pattern from the underside. The underside of a weaving usually makes no sense. Even the upper side makes little sense if we view just a tiny piece. Only God sees the upper side, and only He
sees the entire fabric with its complete pattern. Therefore, we must trust Him to work out all of the details of history to His glory, knowing that His glory and our good are bound up together." (Trusting God Even When Life Hurts, by Jerry Bridges)

If that's not convicting, I don't know what is. Even when I think I'm trusting God, I'm not because when bad things happen I don't think He's working out for my benefit and His glory!
That was just amazing to me to read and I wanted to share it with you. I hope you enjoyed!

Comments

Popular Posts