One Month In...

So, we've been in Cali for a little over a month.
Most frequently asked question: How do you like California?
I wonder why people ask that question... do people really move here and hate it? I wonder... I should take a poll or something.

I'm loving it here so far. Of course no matter where you go, you have to do some sort of adjusting. So, let me list the things that I don't like about California.
- the price of groceries
- not knowing where everything is (familiarity)
- how far I have to drive to get to school

Yep, that about covers it. With that being said, would I move back to Ohio? I'd have to say no (but of course that's up to God).

You know the saying "make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold"? I can see where that comes into play. It's hard making new friends! And I consider myself to be a fun-loving, outgoing person! I HATE being the new girl! Sometimes you don't feel like you can be yourself, people might think you're weird. This is a new realm for me because I normally don't care what people think about me... but that was because I knew I had my REAL friends and they were right there. It's a little different when they're not RIGHT there.

I don't understand why I'm not really clicking with people... Is it because I'm looking for something specific? I don't think I'm looking for much, just someone to be invested in being friends. I think everyone is friendly enough, but no enough to really be open with themselves... you know the two-way thing. I know what you put into a relationship is what you get out of a relationship and I'm being really cautious... why am I being so cautious? Is it a trust issue on my part? hmmm... I thin I'm going to have to look into that.

Anywho, it's only been a month and I've seen God move in my life so many times, it is beyond me to doubt anything that He can do. I trust that he'll give me a friend, tailor-made for me and me for them. Be patient and faithful Stephanie...

Comments

Segoldengirl said…
I'm reading a book called "Friendship for Grown-ups" By Lisa Whelchel. Great so far! I'm learning a lot!
Glad Cali is good, I hope a true friend comes soon. Chris is in Cali right now, he said he might see Jer?? Dunno.

Popular Posts