A Time for Cheer!


I love Christmas!
The season, the smells, the fact that most people are nicer! 'Tis the season!
Christmas in California, however, is a bit different. Not bad, just different. I talk to some of my friends back home and there's a ton of snow right now. I have to say, I'm not missing that. I am missing the that sense of Christmas though. I never realized how much my senses play a role in Christmas. Like before I said, "the season, the smell..." both of those are sense related. There's no "Christmas smell", I may have to go and buy some.

The biggest thing I have to remember is that the season is to remember the birth of Jesus. That can't be replaced by any smell or any number of decorations. It so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle, but I'm almost sure that this is definitely a time to sit back, relax and meditate on what the birth of Christ meant. A chance to have a relationship with God...
What a gift! It is definitely time for cheer!

Comments

Popular Posts