Light At The End...



Sorry I haven't chatted in a bit, school is CRAZY!
I'm taking 2 extra classes than most of my classmates, in order to graduate at the end of May.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, and yet... I'M SO OVER IT!
I don't know if you've ever been in a place where you just want it to be over, and as soon as you get towards the end you lose a bit of motivation. Like I don't want to go to clinicals because I'm doing work and not getting paid for it. I don't want to go to class because I get confused by what the teacher says anyway, so what's the point. I mean NO MOTIVATION!
So how am I still going? Sheer pride! To get this far and not finish would be ridiculous! Not to mention I still want to be a Respiratory Therapist. It's all pretty overwhelming and I have to stay grounded, not only for my own sanity but also for my family. There's nothing worse than a mom who flips out! Trust me, I know :*)

Finding a balance between school and family is hard. I don't really hang out with people from my class because I'd rather be with my family... I actually like them, look at them! Who wouldn't want to hang out with them?! And it's hard for my classmates to understand that, even though some of them have children of their own. I guess the other thing is that I'm not really invested in this class. I transferred in from another state and so most of the students had built their bonds (cliches). There are some people I like in the class and talk to, but I don't really hang out with them. I'm not sad about that either... but that doesn't make me a horrible person, I'd just rather spend that time with my husband and my kids. So needless to say, I'm counting down the days when I'm not being graded for my work :*)

One thing that keeps me going, even when it's all so overwhelming and I just feel like I can't do it anymore because it's too hard (and believe me there are plenty of those days), is God's promises. They are true and they never fail. Two particular promises are:
Jeremiah 29:11 "'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

and

1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted , he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

These promises are true to me... God has a prosperous plan for me and He is faithful, even when I'm not. And with that in mind, I must think of these promises at all times to keep me moving. There is no progression in standing still.

Comments

Popular Posts