365 Thrift Store Challenge

Hi People!
I have been thinking about it for a while and finally decided to take the plunge!

Today is the first day of my 365 thrift store challenge. What does that mean you ask? Well, it means that for a year I will buy my clothes from the thrift store only (except under garments), but it does include clothing, accessories and shoes.

What made me come up with this idea? I follow Looking Fly on a Dime blog and she does this regularly, however, she lives in New York the fashion city. So all of the thrift stores she visits are full of stuff. I go thrift shopping now on occasion but not as a permanent source of clothes and such. For one, I cut back my hours of working from 5 days a week to 2 days a week. I want and need to spend more time with my family and God has provided us with the means of being able to do that financially. But most of all, I found that just because I had the money, I spent the money and I think this will bring me back to my money saving ways.

I am committing me only to this 365 challenge, but of course if I find good deals for the kids at the thrift store... :-)

On a side note: Some people were wondering how I did with my 6 month challenge of no clothes purchased and no outfit worn twice. I did great with the no clothes bought, but the no outfit more than once only lasted for 5 months. In the end, I had 3 bags of things to give away :-)

I also came out with a new rule: For every one thing I purchase, 2 things must go :-s (can't be a hoarder).

Anyone want to join me on my 365 Challenge?

Comments

Goldengirl said…
Yess! This is how I dress myself.

Popular Posts