It's Summer Time!


SO!
I finally finished all of my finals and got my grades for this semester.  I did better than I thought and my worse fear was failing my math class and having to take it over again... did I mention that I HATE math. I don't even know why it's a requirement, I mean it's not like I'm going to be strolling through the grocery store trying to figure out a matrix for oranges, watermelons and apples! Seriously, if you're not a math major the highest you should have to go is MAYBE trig or geometry... but I digress.

Anyway, I got 2 B's, an A and a C (math).  Which is fabulous because I was accepted to the Respiratory Program at BGSU.  WHOO-HOO!  So I start in August, I have new student orientation in July... the summer is going to fly by, I already know it because it's my LAST FREE SUMMER!  The last time that I get summer break... FOREVER!  No more sleeping in on a sunny summer morning, listening to the kids watch cartoons and eat cereal.  No more leisure days where I don't REALLY have plans, I just play it by ear... if the kids are napping, let them nap...  So my plan is to live it up this summer and REALLY enjoy it and the time that I get to spend with the kids as an at home mom.  

But what does that mean?  What kind of activities do I need to plan?  Should I plan or just let it happen?  If I plan, is that REALLY living it up and relaxing?  So much to think about, and I can't even do anything until the weather decides that it's going to get warm and stay that way.  This week was not the "most summer" week.  It was in the 60's and rainy/cloudy... IT'S JUNE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!  Today wasn't so bad because the sun was shining and I think the high was 70.  It was still a little brisk but beautiful sun... it's a start.  I guess I should make a promise right now to not complain when the temperature gets REALLY hot...

We had a family vacation last week.  We went to Virginia, at a time share resort (Massenutten).
IT WAS FUN!  This year I didn't feel like I needed a vacation from my vacation! I think it had a lot to do with the fact that the kids are older and can do more things.  It was really good family time together and I thoroughly enjoyed... I look forward to more family vacations.  The best part about the vacation was that I didn't have to cook one meal.  We went out a few times, but the rest of the time my loving husband cooked!  Every meal: breakfast, lunch and dinner... I was soooooo encouraged and he didn't complain about it one time, nor did he hint around about cooking or wanting credit for cooking... I love that man!

So, I see a lot of pool time in my summer future (the kids LOVE the water), playgrounds and play dates... the zoo is always a winner and some good craft time... there will be birthdays to plan (July, August & September).

I'm going to close this post with lyrics from a song that I love:
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an 'S' on my chest 
 oh yes
I'm a SUPERWOMAN! (Alycia Keys)

Comments

Popular Posts