Update

Hi All!
I am revamping my page. SO thank you for your patience!
In the midst of my revamp, I missed posting about my 1 YEAR HAIR-VERSARY!!!
YES! I made it one year natural on June 9th of this year. It has been an adventure/journey for sure. There are SO many things that I'm learning about my hair and I'm loving every minute of it... even the not-so-fun parts. I went natural so that my life and doctrine could match and so that the words I spoke to my daughter could match what I was doing. Anyway, it has led me down a road of freedom. It's amazing how much brain-washing we receive from the world. I thought I was a pretty confident person before but this process has given me a lot more confidence as well as conviction. People will embrace the difference or fear the difference... neither is a concern of mine. My only concern is the example I'm setting for my kids, which is: it's okay to be set apart from the crowd... well that and that I get my fro as big as possible!!! LOL!

Please enjoy the pics of my one year progress:
The beginning:


Transitioning: (Bantu Knot-out was my favorite)

 

Big Chop! All Natural:
  
The last 2 pics are my hair yesterday... yes, the same day! Humidity plays a big part in my hair, but I LOVE that it expanded during the day :-)

Anyway, this brings me to date with my hair progress. There will be new aspects of this blog as well.

I'M HOMESCHOOLING NEXT YEAR!
Yeah, you read that right... They got me... I'm in... We'll see how this goes!
I'm getting excited about it... the kids are super excited about it. I'm just homeschooling the 2 younger ones, since Eron only has 2 more years of high school, and doing very well with his grades.
What made me change my mind? Wouldn't you like to know! Well, that's a whole different post, but it wasn't because I was unhappy with their school, teachers or the grades they were getting. What's left, you ask? You'll just have to read my next post for that ;-)

Until next time!
Just getting back to the BaseHicks!

Comments

Popular Posts