I'm Equipped!

We got our supplies and curriculum for school this week. There were 5 big boxes and a ba-jillion smaller boxes!! (Ok... that might be a bit of an exaggeration but it is DEFINITELY how I felt). A whirl-wind of doubt started to rush my mind, 'I'm suppose to teach them all of this?!', 'This looks like a lot', 'Am I ready/equipped?'... The list goes on and on. I had to stop and re-focus. God put on my heart to have an active role in their education, surely He would not abandon me now. Lucky for me, I have a friend that is in the same program (K12) as I, and she has been doing it for WAY longer than I (her son is 12 years old). I contacted her and let her know how I was feeling and that I was kinda overwhelmed with where to start, what to start on, and how to start. I love her dearly. She offered to come over and help me organize this mass of information that I have to get familiar with, so that there is some rhyme and reason to my teaching days. She also made the suggestion of doing one subject per day to start, until we find our groove. She is MOST helpful and appreciated.

I decided that we are starting early since the kids seem to be getting "bored" and are looking for me to entertain them. Well... Now you asked for it. This should be good though, it will help us to have a routine down before I start school myself. This year is going to be a year of completely relying on God for guidance and trusting that He will put the right people in my life for us to make it through the changes ahead.

Here's to change and growth in faith!

Comments

Popular Posts