AHHH!

So, I started back school on the 18th of this month (reason for not blogging). I'm trying to get a degree and licensed to be a Respiratory Therapist... everyone has to breathe right? Anyway, this semester the 2 classes that will be challenging for me are my Microbiology class (along with 3 hour lab!) and my Bioethics class. Not that they are so hard that I can't understand what's going on (because I've had some of those classes), but that I have to get good grades in them since they're a requirement for the major. So since I have these 2 classes that I have to focus on and put my energy into, I decided that my other classes would be something a little more relaxed so I can have fun. I have pilates, piano and voice... yeah! Who was I kidding. The first day of my piano class and the teacher tells me I have to memorize the keys by the next class!! WHAT! My reply: Oh I thought I was in the class for beginners I must have made a mistake. No... no mistake, I have to remember all of the keys... I think I have it down and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be... but we'll see when I'm tested on it. My voice class is okay, she's teaching me technique on breathing and forming my mouth. For piano and voice I'll have to do a performance at the end of the semester for my grade... I don't know what I was thinking when I thought these would be my easier classes. I get nervous singing in front of people (hence my not going after a singing career), and I have to play the piano in front of people... yeah... stress free! I love music though an that's my main reason for doing it. I want to sharpen my voice and learn to at least pluck a simple tune on the piano. I think it'll help me in the long run if not just with my confidence.
My son starts back school tomorrow. I have a pre-teen! And he's starting to act like one already. I want to be the cool mom, but not at the expense of my convictions. I hope that his friends always feel welcome in my home but also respectful of my rules. I don't think I have to worry about him getting in with the wrong crowd because he's not really a follower, but he is laid back so he doesn't HAVE to be the leader. I love my kids, they are so different but I think not being a follower is a characteristic that they all will posses. That makes me happy.

Okay, so with all of this running around, I'm also trying to get my house in order. Starting with my closet! I have so much stuff and I looked at half of it and I don't even wear them! I either can't fit them and never will be able to again, or they're clothes from losing weight and I won't be getting in those again either. So I have to get rid of those things that are taking up space. How do I go about doing it though... it seems like a big job. Organization is the key! So of course I'm watching all of these shows on how to organize, what not to wear and designer shows so that I can get an idea of what I'm suppose to be doing. One of the shows I caught (in repeat) is Tim Gunn's Guide to Fashion (or is it Style?), anyway, in every show he starts with stating what the essentials for a great wardrobe are. Starting with these things and then building around them so that you can mix and match and have plenty to choose from. With these staple pieces, think quality not quantity. It's okay to pay a little extra for these because they'll last you a while (you don't want your clothes falling apart). So here's the list:
10 Essential Wardrobe Items
1. black dress
2. classic dress pants
3. classic white shirt
4. great fitting jeans
5. day dress
6. blazer
7. trench coat
8. skirt
9. cashmere sweater
10. alternative to sweat suit

I also checked around and it wouldn't hurt to have these items as well:
  • solid tees
  • button down shirts
  • shoes (heels, flats & boots)
I'm sure that some accessories would be awesome too.
I think this is a great idea for women on the go, with no time to fuss over what to wear each day. But still want to look their best... moms! You can still be a hot momma. With clothes already set and able to mix and match looking fab will be that much easier. So I think it's time for me to simplify my closet... ciao!

Comments

Segoldengirl said…
I'm always a taker on hand-me-downs :)

Popular Posts