Have you ever...


had one of those days that you just want to rip someone's hair out?!!

So I answer my phone and on the other end is a woman's voice that is the rudest I've EVER heard!
Rude! For no apparent reason! Of course all that is in me wants to get an attitude right back at her.
How DARE she come at me in such a disrespectful way? Who does she think she is? What have I
done to deserve this attitude? Is this really happening? Is this really going down? Are we doing this
right now?

Mind you, this morning I had a FABULOUS time with God. We chatted and I listened. I listened to how I
should be grateful for all of the things that I have. Grateful for all of the things going on in my life...
family, friends, school, Jeremy's job. But also grateful for things like peace, patience, love, kindness,
mercy, grace... compassion. Yeah, I remembered. So I'm thinking to myself, as I'm being chewed out
for... what am I being chewed out for? Anyway, so I'm thinking to myself: Self, don't yell at this lady.
Let's try and figure out why she got her panties all twisted.

All in all, it was not a good conversation. It ended with me TOTALLY biting my tongue, and if you're
reading this and you know me, you know that it's TOTALLY not my character! But I resolve, Jesus is
Lord and I work for the Lord. Here is where I stand now... she doesn't know me. God knows me, and
lucky for her, I know God. God is going to judge me according to MY actions, not hers and her actions
will not be taken into account when I have to give MY account. So as much as it pains me, I am not
going to see justice today, tomorrow or in the next few years... BUT my reward is in Heaven and when
I get there, this conversation I had with this woman is NOT going to matter. I am at peace with that...
AND LIFE GOES ON.

Comments

Popular Posts