Countdown

We are almost done packing!
You never know how much you have until it's time to move. My house can hold SO MUCH STUFF!
I'm almost embarrassed by how much stuff we have...

Anyway, the countdown has started... There are 7 days until Jeremy comes home and 10 days until we actually hit the road for our new destination... CALIFORNIA!

I'm excited and sad at the same time. The excitement of something new! New places to explore, trying to figure my way around town, trial and error on places to eat, and exploring my new neighborhood! All of those are exciting to me. I love to meet people and experience new things.

What's sad to me is the friendships I'll be leaving behind, and as the time draws closer, the sadder it is. The church I attend, I've been going to for 11 years! I got baptized there, I studied the Bible there, I . my first dating relationship there, I found my husband there, they've experienced 2 pregnancies with me, and all of them were at my wedding. They are my family! And even though I do have real family members I'll miss, they are like family too. We do everything together! It's not just about seeing them on Sundays and holidays, we're in each others lives throughout the week. My best relationships have come from my church... my home. Starting over is hard... and I'm gonna miss all of my friends, just being able to drop by unannounced and feel at home.

The scripture that comes to mind is Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." Through the good times and the bad times, I've been loved unconditionally and that's real friendship to me.

Comments

Popular Posts