Simplicity

This trip has brought some things to light for me. One of the biggest things is that I like simple. I have never been a "keeping up with the Jones'" person. I like what I like and have an idea of the things that I want to do in life. It might not match what you're doing but that's what make you, you and me, me. 

While driving through Big Sur, I noticed some of the houses and how close, or far apart they were. Then I thought about if I lived that far from someone, would I be a hermit or would I want to be on the go and be around people all the time. I may have mentioned to some of you before that I don't like people. But that's not true, I do like people, but the more people involved in any given circumstance means more drama or opinions and mess. So while I like people, I don't like 'mess', so if people bring mess I'd just as soon cut it all out from the get-go. That's how I feel, it doesn't mean it's what I do. So when I think if I could be a hermit and not be involved with anyone but my family, I would say yes. But would I, I would say no. It's too much pressure for my family and it's just not the way that God intended it to be. That is why, in the bible, it references not giving up meeting with the body as some are in the habit of doing. 

Simplicity does attract me though. I like to do things at my own pace, I don't want to have to keep up with anyone. I like the idea of being with my family and not sharing them. I like the idea of not having so many people around that I can't hear my own thoughts. I like me and its okay to be with just me sometimes. No commotion. No drama. No competition.

People who know me would be surprised to hear me call myself an introvert. But the truth is that being around a lot of people makes me anxious. It's just something about people being in my space. I don't prefer it. I will do large group things because my life is not all about me, and I have friends that like being in large groups like that. But when people ask me what I want to do, it's usually something that does not involve a ton of people and its usually in a place that is not overly crowded. 

I think part of it is that you can't have an intimate relationship with a ba-jillion people, it's overwhelming. I like quality over quantity any day. It's just me. I don't know... What are your thoughts? Do you like being alone or crowds? Would you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?

I just like Simple.

Comments

Unknown said…
Introvert! I would rather watch, listen and observe. However God compels me to be out of myself in order to have relationships with his people and those to come. I am like you. I like being with people but not a mob of them.

Popular Posts