Closet Challenge - Day 12-18

Here are the outfits for the last week:


I am still doing well with the closet challenge. I had to go to Old Navy this week which was a challenge. While I'm not a big "shopper", I do love a good sale and Old Navy has great clearance items. I could easily get about 5 shirts for $20. I had to go in to get the boys some jeans and Jada a couple of skirts. I didn't even bother to look in the women's section! It could've went very badly, but I stuck to my guns and ad self control. It reminded me of the scripture in 2 Peter 1:5-9, "For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleanses from their past sins."

I could have went in the store and bought whatever I wanted and told no one about it and acted as if though I'm doing great on my challenge... How would you ever know? But I was self controlled and I have people holding me accountable to my word because I want to be a woman of my word and do my challenge. This is me challenging myself! And when I'm not giving in to my sinful desires and thinking of myself, I can focus so much more clearly on what God wants me to do and who He wants me to be. My desire is to be all that God wants me to be and do what He designed me to do... Everything else is icing on the cake:-)

Comments

Popular Posts