Closet Challenge - Day 19 - 25

Here are the outfits I wore this week. I totally forgot to take a pic of Saturday's outfit so there's one missing but I remember what it was because it was cute and I know I can't wear it again :-)


In my studies of being a good steward, I've come to realize that God wants me to be a good steward of more than just my money, but also my time, my heart and my family. These are just a few things that I've been focused on the last couple of weeks. God wants me to be a woman of unquestionable character.

One of the scriptures that I read this week was John 13:1-17. Jesus is teaching his disciples about humility, he washes their feet even though they call him teacher and master. One of the things I got from this is that leadership is about serving others, and never asking others to do anything that you are not willing to do yourself. It's about giving yourself and risking investment in others, not knowing what the return will be. By washing their feet, Jesus reminded the disciples that no leader is greater than the people he/she leads, and that a leader must do even the humblest of task. So this is being a good steward of the people that God has given me to lead... My children! I can not have them do things that I am not willing to do myself. I have to teach them humility through example. Being a leader is hard and there are a lot of things that I wish I could be perfect in but I also have to be willing to accept and be humble about my shortcomings... And there are MANY!

I hope my kids don't think that I expect perfection... I want them to be the best that they can be and all that God wants them to be... He doesn't expect perfection, but He does expect me to put forth my best effort. It's amazing all of the things that we have to be good stewards of in our lives... What are you doing to become a good steward?

Comments

Popular Posts