Memories

We are on our family trip up the coast of California... In an RV! This is day 3 and I've been remembering some of my childhood. Not that as a child I did any RVing, but we drove through this small, quaint town called Solvang. As we drove through, there was a street named Ynez. Of course, I start thinking of the pronunciation of the name (English nerd... Don't judge me!). We think its pronounced E (long E)- nez. 

Anyway, the memory that came up was one of my aunt (my grandmothers' sister in law) Inez. I had not thought of her in a long time. Not because I didn't like or love her, but because she passed when I was VERY young. And I just remember, at the time, she was here and then she wasn't. In my memory, I loved her. And I remember feeling very loved by her. She was a short woman, with plenty of stories to tell. She always tried to feed me and she answered every questioned I asked of her without annoyance (at least, that i noticed... I was very young). That is what I remember... I'm glad that this trip brought that memory back and I hope I don't lose it again. I loved her.

Comments

Popular Posts