Closet Challenge: Day 40-46

My clothes for the week:



This week I've been looking at the Proverbs 31 Woman... You all know who I'm talking about... "Mrs. Perfection"!

I remember reading this when I first became a disciple thinking, "Who in the world does she think she is? Why does she have to make all other women look so bad? Who has all of their ducks in a row like this?" She use to make me SO mad with all of her perfection... But as I grew older in Christ, I realized I wasn't mad at her for being so "perfect", I was mad at myself for being so imperfect. I was also jealous of this woman whom I wanted so much to be like. I wanted to be "worth more than rubies" to someone. I wanted to be clothed with strength and dignity, I wanted to be able to laugh at the days to come, speak with wisdom and have faithful instruction on my tongue and for my kids and husband to sing my praise. I was so new in understanding the Bible, faith, love and God's plans for me that I believed this woman to be impossible to imitate. With all the things going on in my life, how could I be like this woman?

Like I said, I was new and had not given God complete control of my life. Slowly, but surely, I relinquished control and once God had control, He was able to mold my life into what He had intended it to be. Every now and again I have to relinquish control again because slowly I try to regain it. I always know when I'm being too controlling in my life... Nothing goes right, even with careful planning.

Now I look at this scripture and I feel like this woman's character is more attainable than ever. Of course I fall short, otherwise why would I feel the need for God, but at any given time I possess some of these qualities. The one that I'm working on currently is "she is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue." in order to laugh at the days to come, I have to be completely surrendered to God, not worrying about anything.

Everyday make the decision to surrender to God.

Comments

Popular Posts