Closet Challenge: Day 47 - 53

Here are my outfits for the week:


The scripture I've been meditating on this week is Proverbs 30:7-9 "Two things I ask of you, Lord; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehoods and lies far from me; give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the Lord?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God." This passage is challenging and kinda goes with Philippians 4:12 "I know what it's like to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

Both of these scriptures focus on being content with what you have and not being greedy and constantly wanting more. I don't know anyone who has ever asked to be poor, but I know many people would LOVE to have more money (No, no please... No more money... I have more than enough). I don't think I've ever heard anyone turn down earning more money or wishing that they never win the lottery. As a matter of fact, it's the other way around and I've even found myself wishing I could win the lottery (I don't even play the lottery, but that doesn't keep me from wishing I'd win it!). These two scriptures speak VOLUMES to me. So many times we want more than what we have and we don't even take care of what we DO have. But I want to have the heart of the Proverb writer. If I think about it, I don't want to be rich and I definitely don't want to be poor. If being rich takes me from having gratitude for what God has done for me and being poor makes me angry enough to forget what God has done for me.... Then I want to be in the middle! Not too much and not too little. I need to be diligent in asking this of God, and to pray that I am doing the right thing with what I have... Things that please Him and bring a smile to his face.

Ask yourself if you'd rather be rich, poor or neither and give yourself an honest answer...

Comments

Popular Posts